Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lemon and Super Glue

I don't usually post about the dumb things I do, but today I'm going to share my little story.  My son has many treasures and this morning he left 4 little ceramic birds (from Peru) on the kitchen counter before leaving for school.  After he left, I sat down for breakfast.  When I got up to clear my dishes, I managed to knock 2 of the birds off the counter and they broke into many pieces.  Oh no...not the little birds!!

Then I thought, no problem, I'll just super glue them back together.  About 5 minutes ago I got out the glue and started piecing them back together and guess what?  I glued my fingers together!  I've always wondered how in the world do people manage to glue their fingers together?  Seriously?  Now I know.  I admit that I panicked for a second, but then I remembered that Lemon essential oil dissolves petrochemicals.  So I put a few drops on my fingers and started rubbing the Lemon oil into the glue.  It took about 1 minute but it totally worked.

I love Lemon essential oil.  It also works wonders on getting gum out of hair and permanent marker off of most things.  I also love to drink it in my cold water and add it to hot water with honey for a soothing tea.  It's great to diffuse in a room because it gets rid of odors and lifts my spirits--it make me happy.

Everyone needs a bottle of Lemon essential oil!

2 comments: